We may collect personal information from you when you:
- Purchase, order, return or exchange any of our products and services;
- Request a quote or special orders for or information about any of our products and services;
- Request delivery, warranty or repair services;
- Make a credit application;
- Contact Noble Customer Service or the Branch Manager at one of our locations;
- Visit the noble.ca website;
- Enter into a contest or respond to one of our surveys;
- Sign up for our Insider Newsletter;
- Provide us with comments or suggestions;
- Are injured on, or suffer or cause property damage on, Noble’s premises; or
- Apply for a job.
Noble may also conduct video surveillance of its branches and other premises for security and loss prevention reasons.
Noble may use personal information to:
- Identify customers, suppliers and others with whom it does business and to establish and maintain a relationship with them;
- Provide customers with ongoing service, including to process orders, to ensure proper delivery and to better assist customers when they visit or call us;
- Improve our product and service offerings;
- Provide Noble customers with information about other Noble products and services that may be of interest to them;
- Protect against error and fraud;
- Comply with legal and audit requirements; or
- Consider your job application.
Noble may also disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by law. We may also disclose personal information to assist us in collecting any debt owed by you. Noble will not trade, rent or sell your personal information to any third party unless we tell you about it and obtain your consent.
Some products and services that are provided through Noble (such as extended warranties) may be provided by third parties in cooperation with Noble. In order to provide you with the products or services that you request from us, we may have to transfer information about you to these third parties.
In some circumstances, the withdrawal of consent to certain uses or disclosures of personal information may mean that Noble will no longer provide certain products or services to the individual or may be unable to process returns, exchanges or refunds. In such cases, Noble will inform the individual of those consequences prior to implementing the decision.
Should Noble transfer personal information to third parties for processing on behalf of Noble, a contract containing appropriate privacy protection mechanisms will be in place before any information is transferred to the third party. These terms shall provide that the third party will not use the personal information for their own purposes, will keep the personal information secure, and will only process the information on the instructions of Noble. In addition, use of certain third party products to purchase products or services from Noble (such as a credit card not issued by Noble) may require us to provide your personal information to the provider of the third party product in order to process the transaction.
An individual may request access to their personal information in the possession of Noble by making a written request to the Noble Branch Manager in the store through which they did business or to the Noble Privacy Officer. Requests can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to verify that the information is being released to the proper person, individuals may be asked to provide identification acceptable to Noble.
An individual may update or correct any of their personal information that Noble has in its possession by making a written request to the Noble Branch Manager in the store through which they did business or the Noble Privacy Officer. Requests can also be emailed to email@example.com. Prior to updates or corrections being made, individuals may be asked to provide, i) identification acceptable to Noble and, ii) proof acceptable to Noble of the veracity of any of the requested update or correction.
Individuals may withdraw their consent to Noble’s use or disclosure of their personal information by making a written request to the Noble Branch Manager in the store through which they did business or the Noble Privacy Officer and making a written request. Requests can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals seeking to withdraw consent may be asked to provide identification acceptable to Noble.
Noble will only retain personal information for as long as it is necessary to process related transactions, maintain appropriate financial and audit records and protect Noble’s legitimate commercial interests.
All personal information collected by Noble is protected by security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. All personal information stored in electronic form, including all information collected through the noble.ca website, is kept in confidential and secure data banks. Paper records in Noble’s stores or head office that contain personal information are kept in locked cabinets. Noble evaluates its equipment and security procedures regularly and modifies them as necessary to ensure that it is utilizing appropriate and reasonable security technology.
Contact Information for the Noble Privacy Officer:
General Counsel and Secretary
1108 Dundas Street,
London, ON, N5W 3A7